Time-bending Design Inspired by the 1970s
The new XC-72 pushes its classic sources of inspiration even further into unexplored territory, with a time-bending design inspired by the speculative technological optimism of 1970s concept cars. Three distinctive traction outsole patterns and angular features are employed to give the familiar low-cut sleekness of the era’s running shoes an aggressive, experimental edge. The XC-72 is the future that the past dreamed about, come to life.
- The vertically split outsole features two hard ground traction designs the XC15’s ‘gripper’ and the 375’s studded pattern
- Stability heel clip featuring the 620s herringbone outsole pattern
- Knit mesh upper with chrome-free suede overlays and a leather N logo. Chrome-free leather does not use chromium in the tanning process, which can be harmful to people and the environment when the leather is disposed of.
- Single-layer microfiber tongue
- Squared toe shape inspired by 1970s concept car designs
The colourway as shown: Black and bone.